Business Development and Events Specialist
North York, ON (Head Office)
We are looking to expand our Marketing team with the exciting new role of Business Development and Events Specialist.
Why work at Hearing Solutions?
At Hearing Solutions, we believe in hearing what matters in life. Hearing is one of the greatest gifts that helps keep us connected to our loved ones – and this passion for making a positive difference in someone’s life is what excites us.
We are building a culture of curious minds who not only pursue excellence and do great work, but also inspire others to do the same. We celebrate those who achieve results and live our core values.
Deliver wow moments. Show your passion. Pursue growth. Thrive and succeed!
About this exciting opportunity:
The exciting new role of Business Development and Events Specialist will report to the Senior Marketing Manager; this position is responsible for actively prospecting new test opportunities by establishing long-lasting relationships and servicing existing partnerships. The successful candidate will be confident and comfortable generating qualified leads, establishing the right partnership connections, building trusted relationships, selling our hearing healthcare services, and coordinating all elements of the execution required to meet test and sales targets.
This position is a hybrid role, with a combination of working from home and our head office in North York, as well as travelling to events and meetings with community partners – so flexibility and access to a vehicle are important requirements.
What you will do:
- Actively generate new test opportunities which includes prospecting leads, cold calling, scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, and selling our services to achieve test and sales targets
- Service existing partnerships to ensure a long-lasting relationship remains in place
- Establish brand awareness in each of the communities where we operate to drive business referrals
- Own and drive growth for both the in-home visit and doctor referral programs
- Create, execute and maintain all outreach program materials and marketing campaigns so they are educational and engaging to drive targeted results
- Act as the on-site Hearing Solutions representative during scheduled events to drive hearing health awareness and educate prospects patients
- Coordinate public relations plans for timely initiatives and campaigns that tell the stories of Hearing Solutions to expand our reach
- Conduct post-event debriefs, reporting, analysis, recommendations, partner follow up, and more to determine ROI and next steps
- Process invoices and maintain the marketing budget
- Produce high quality marketing communications
What you bring:
- Post-secondary education in marketing or relevant field, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales, business development or telemarketing
- Proven ability to achieve desired test and sales results
- Strong relationship building, communication and presentation skills – comfortable cold calling, pitching our services, and interacting with prospect patients
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with ability to adapt positively to changing priorities
- Creative with strong copywriting skills to develop marketing collateral in a variety of formats
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Social media management experience considered an asset
- Valid G license with full time access to a vehicle to travel independently to Hearing Solutions clinics, event sites, and community partner headquarters