7 Online Stores Where You Can Buy Hearing Aid Decorations and Accessories
Show your aids with style and no stigma
Let’s face it, not everyone likes the look of hearing aids and having to wear what are essentially medical devices, no matter how much they improve your quality of life.
But what if you could infuse your hearing aids with your personal style that’s as unique as your custom devices.
Whether you know it or not having hearing loss and wearing hearing aids means you can express your own personality and even coordinate your wardrobe with your hearing aids by simply decorating them with jewels, charms, tube twists and stickers.
You can decorate your hearing aids to reflect your fun and colourful side or your more sophisticated, professional side.
Where to buy hearing aid decorations?
Here’s a rundown of businesses that bring form and function together so you can treat hearing loss and look good in your hearing aids at the same time. Some vendors even offer to fulfill custom orders.
1. Hearrings offers bedazzled hearing aid jewelry that looks like earrings and can be custom fit for your hearing instruments.
2. Hayleigh’s Cherished Charms offers hearing aid charms, hanging hearrings and colourful twist tubes, all made by a teenaged entrepreneur from the US. You can also find her creations on Hayleigh’s Charms Etsy page.
Hayleigh`s Cherished Charms (Left) & MyLugs (Right)
3. My Lugs is a great site if you want your hearing aid style to say you’re a super hero or your favourite cartoon character. Here you’ll find designs for your hearing aids and cochlear implants. These are perfect for any child in your life or if you’re just a kid at heart. Use coupon code HS15 at the checkout to get 15% off your purchase!
4. SkinIt – you can get their premium vinyl decals or skins for your Phonak hearing aids that come in thousands of designs. If you want you can even design your own. SkinIt’s decals can be easily applied and removed.
5. Tubetastic Pimps offers a wide variety of colourful skins, twists, hearrings, tubing, and pouches for your hearing devices. They’ve got you covered with a plethora of hearing aid accessories.
Tubetastic Pimps (Left) & Purple Cat Designs (Right)
6. Whimsical Pixies provides custom hearing aid and cochlear implant fairy wing clips. Full of fantasy and fun, these clips offer a carefree look.
7. Purple Cat Hearing Aid Charms offers its customers jewelry, including hanging charm and necklace sets. Whether you’re playing it cool and casual or dressing it up for a special occasion, your hearing aids can look like the perfect accessory instead of a third wheel.
Speak to your Hearing Care Professional
Your Audiologist or Hearing Instrument Practitioner will guide you through the process of selecting a hearing aid that’s a custom fit for your ears and your hearing loss. They can also help you select hearing aids in a colour that suits your style and can be coordinated with a variety of charms and skins.
As mentioned above in the case of Phonak, hearing aid manufacturers do offer skins or stickers for their devices. Ask if there are hearing aid stickers available for your devices.